It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Summer Blowout Challenge

It appears that I only feel the need to post on this fitness blog once every two months or so.  That stops now.  Today starts a new weight loss challenge at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans and I have joined. 

Nothing strikes more fear in my heart than weighing myself after I haven't done it for awhile.  Like a long while.  Like since the 4th of July!  Holy crap my friends.  It was ugly.  I mean really ugly.  I gained six pounds from the last time I weighed myself.  That is a number that will stay between me and the bathroom scale.

I have a love / hate relationship with summer.  I love the fact that I have my summer off from work.  I hate that I have no routine or schedule because I am off work all summer. 

My eating is so off.  I don't eat regular meals like I do during the school year.  When I work, I get up in the morning and eat breakfast while I get ready for school.  I pack a healthy lunch to take with me and I make a good dinner when I get home.  I pack healthy snacks to take with me too.

Today was a perfect example of how crappy I eat when I'm off.  I ate a package of Bel Vita breakfast biscuits at 8:00.  They are 230 calories.  With the exception of a diet coke, I didn't eat again till 3:00 when I ate a handful of bing cherries and a cheese stick.  To top it all off, I ate two pieces of pizza for dinner with a breadstick.  I am drinking a Bacardi and diet and a handful of pecans while I type this post.  Yep, pure crap eating!

Well, that all stops first thing tomorrow morning.  I have set some goals for this challenge and I intend to stick to them.  I will lose weight in this next six weeks and this is how I am going to do it!

1.  I will plans meals and I will eat three good meals a day. 

2.  I will do a better job of getting to exercise class.  I was going six days a week when I was in school.  Now, I'm lucky if I hit three days.  The one thing I have been consistent with this summer is the early morning outdoor yoga classes.  I love those.  My goal is to do no less than two classes, four days a week.

3.  I will walk every day.  No less than one mile, but I'd like it to be three or more.  We'll see how much time I have once I go back to work next week.

4.  I will do a much better job with drinking water.  This shouldn't be too hard considering my intake now is just about nonexistent.

5.  Last, but certainly not least.  I will get some decent sleep.  There is not a reason in the world that I need to be up doing stupid stuff till 12:00 or 1:00.  10:00 is the latest I will stay up, especially on a school night.

So, there you have it.  My plans for this challenge are pretty simple and straightforward.  I am just basically going to do things better.  I'll post again next Wednesday to let you know how I'm doing. 

Good luck on the challenge everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment