It appears that I only feel the need to post on this fitness blog once every two months or so. That stops now. Today starts a new weight loss challenge at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans and I have joined.
Nothing strikes more fear in my heart than weighing myself after I haven't done it for awhile. Like a long while. Like since the 4th of July! Holy crap my friends. It was ugly. I mean really ugly. I gained six pounds from the last time I weighed myself. That is a number that will stay between me and the bathroom scale.
I have a love / hate relationship with summer. I love the fact that I have my summer off from work. I hate that I have no routine or schedule because I am off work all summer.
My eating is so off. I don't eat regular meals like I do during the school year. When I work, I get up in the morning and eat breakfast while I get ready for school. I pack a healthy lunch to take with me and I make a good dinner when I get home. I pack healthy snacks to take with me too.
Today was a perfect example of how crappy I eat when I'm off. I ate a package of Bel Vita breakfast biscuits at 8:00. They are 230 calories. With the exception of a diet coke, I didn't eat again till 3:00 when I ate a handful of bing cherries and a cheese stick. To top it all off, I ate two pieces of pizza for dinner with a breadstick. I am drinking a Bacardi and diet and a handful of pecans while I type this post. Yep, pure crap eating!
Well, that all stops first thing tomorrow morning. I have set some goals for this challenge and I intend to stick to them. I will lose weight in this next six weeks and this is how I am going to do it!
1. I will plans meals and I will eat three good meals a day.
2. I will do a better job of getting to exercise class. I was going six days a week when I was in school. Now, I'm lucky if I hit three days. The one thing I have been consistent with this summer is the early morning outdoor yoga classes. I love those. My goal is to do no less than two classes, four days a week.
3. I will walk every day. No less than one mile, but I'd like it to be three or more. We'll see how much time I have once I go back to work next week.
4. I will do a much better job with drinking water. This shouldn't be too hard considering my intake now is just about nonexistent.
5. Last, but certainly not least. I will get some decent sleep. There is not a reason in the world that I need to be up doing stupid stuff till 12:00 or 1:00. 10:00 is the latest I will stay up, especially on a school night.
So, there you have it. My plans for this challenge are pretty simple and straightforward. I am just basically going to do things better. I'll post again next Wednesday to let you know how I'm doing.
Good luck on the challenge everyone!