It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Friday, January 18, 2013

On My Way

I saw this on Facebook this morning.   It reminded me so much myself.  .  
This journey I am on is so vast and so large sometimes, it takes my breath away.  I have some of the best days ever and then I have a day where it just overwhelms me.  I wrote a post over at Shrinking Jeans about my mantras as I get older, but keep plugging along on this journey.  This is definitely going to be one of those mantras.  It speaks to me for I am definitely on my way.

The first 17 days of January have been going really well.  My only slip up was when I didn't log in My Fitness Pal for a few days.  I am back on track now and have logged the last ten days in a row.  I find that logging my food and exercise keeps me all to honest with myself.  It's hard to deny something when it is staring you in the face.  It is keeping me accountable.

The exercise part of this has been fantastic.  I started going to an amazing new school and absolutely love the classes.  I got a three day a week membership this month to get my feet wet again and I'm already switching it next week to an unlimited pass.  I have been doing yoga and zumba and love it.  The days that I have zumba, I get over 15,000 steps on my Fitbit for the day.  The yoga class is hard and I am not the least bit good at it, but the instructor keeps saying it will come in time.  I don't know if that is really true, but it gives me hope that she says so.  Zumba is just good old fun.  It is a fast paced, heart thumping one hour workout that leaves me dripping in sweat and I couldn't be happier.  I love that class so much.  With my upgrade, next week I am adding two days of daybreak yoga before work and two unified aerobic classes.  I am pretty sure that unified aerobics is going to kick my butt.  It is kind of like a boot camp class.  You start with kick boxing, move into stations like box jumps, push ups or hula hooping!  You finish with a ten minute yoga session.  This going to be hard, but entertaining.  Can you even imagine me hula hooping?  I couldn't do it when I was ten.  How am I going to do it at 58?  The instructor says the hoops are weighted and that makes it easy.  Let's hope so.  I hate to look more foolish than I have to.

I weighed in and measured with my old fitness instructor last Sunday with a good friend.  She has offered to be our own personal Jillian, so to speak.  I wasn't thrilled about having it done, but it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.  The hard part will be this Sunday when she has her caliper.  Even the word sounds scary.  It calculates body fat.  Yep...scary!

So, that's where I am at this first half of January.  Day 18 of the new year and I'm happy.
  To paraphrase the quote,

I'm not where I had been.
I'm not where I'm going.
But...I'm on my way!

Thank goodness!

2 comments:

  1. I love your attitude and that quote is a great one. Great job on the frist 17 days of 2013. Keep up the good work!!

    ReplyDelete