It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Friday, January 4, 2013

I Got Some Goals!

I'm not quite sure how it happened that it is already time to be setting goals in the year 2013.  Didn't we just start 2012 like last month?  Somehow it seems like the older I get, the faster time goes and that is just not fair. I needed a pause button.  I needed to slow down and breath and set some reasonable goals for this challenge.  Here's what I came up with after some thought.

To be honest, I actually started thinking about goal setting for 2013 last month.  I decided that I wasn't getting any younger and if I was ever going to walk another half marathon, this probably ought to happen sooner than later.  So, in a moment of crazy, I signed myself up for the May 4 Indianapolis Mini Marathon.  I didn't go crazy all by myself.  I've enlisted two friends to do this with me.   

I knew that we were starting a New Year's challenge at the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans, so I figured that would be a good start to my training for the mini.  My official training program for the mini will be starting in the middle of  February.  

My goals for this challenge are as follows.........

1.  Go Back To Exercise Classes.  This couldn't have worked out more perfectly for me.  There is a new place opening in town on the January 7.  The people who are opening the school are awesome and I'm going back with some of the girls from our old school.  I am so excited.  I am starting this month going three days a week.  Two zumba and one yoga class a week.  Next month, I am going to get an unlimited pass and go four days a week to six classes.  I will be adding unified aerobics to the mix then.  I will also be walking no less than five days a week.  It may be on the treadmill, but I will be walking. 

2.  Eat Breakfast Every Morning.  No excuses here.  I will eat a good  breakfast every morning.  I know that this is how I will get my metabolism going in the morning.  

3.  Weigh In and Measure Every Sunday.  I am weighing and measuring every Sunday with a good friend at our former instructors house.  She has offered to do this for us and we are taking her up on it. She will also be counseling us on what to eat.  She's the best!

4.  Bye Bye Diet Coke.  It's time we said our good byes.  I know it's awful for me.  The only exception to this will be if I have one of my beloved Bacardi and diets, but those will be few and far between anyway.  Water will be my new best friend.

5.  Get a Decent Nights Sleep.  I stay up way too late.  I always have and there is no good reason for it.  I will be in bed absolutely no later than 11:00 and I will shoot for 10:00.  I think if I just get in the hang of it, I'll actually like it.  At least that is what I keep telling myself.

So, that's the plan.  I think I can do this.  As a matter of fact, I know I can do this.  I have not set a goal weight because that always ends up stressing me out.  I will lose as much as I can and hopefully, it's all good!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent goals, Nancy! I've cut way back on the diet coke and diet dew, but it's hard. In the process, my coffee consumption has probably tripled. Not sure which is worse.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't do coffee, so I don't have a caffeine fix to fall back on. I like Ice tea in the summer, but not so much in the winter.

      Delete