It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Spring In2 Action

I am very excited to say that it is time to start a new challenge over at the Sisterhood.  I am ready to Spring In2 Action and this is how I am going to do it.
Let's get the hard part of this post over with first thing.  I just weighed myself and I am creeping very close to that number that I said I would never see again.  This scared the crap out of me.  For some reason, I haven't been weighing myself lately and this was a real eye opener. 

It is definitely time to take action.  Did you read Melissa's acronym for action?  I love it!

Analyze your goals – decide what you want to accomplish over the next 6 weeks.



Commit to a plan – how are you going to achieve your goals? Put it on the calendar!


Track your progress – Journal, journal, journal. Whether it’s on your blog or on paper.


Inspire yourself and others – Supporting other people will inspire you to do your best.


Overcome your fears – Face them head on, and realize you’re strong and can do anything.


Never give up – Enough said. Quitting is not an option.

Now is the time to analyze my goals.  It's spring.  It's time for new life and new beginnings.  I'm ready for that in this order.

1.  First and foremost, I want to be healthy.  I want to feel good.  I want to be able to chase the grandkids all over and not become winded. 

2.  I want to commit to working out no less than five days a week.  I will actually be working seven days a week with Kick Ass April, but I mean days aside from that.  I will be going to class three days a week.  That leaves me two days a week here at home.  I think I see some Jillian Michael's Shred and Shred with Weights in my future.  Who wants to join me?

3.  I want to eat right.  Shrinking Kitchen has been helping me with this.  If you haven't been over there, you have no idea what you are missing.  It is totally awesome and you need to check it out.  We have some of the best healthy recipes there for you to try.  I want to participate in Menu Plan Your Butt Off.  I can make the time.

4.  I want to curb my snacking on all the wrong foods.  I need to get back to snacking on fruit and veggies.  I will have them washed and cut and ready to eat when I open the fridge.  I will also stop snacking twice a day with the preschoolers.

5.  I want to not make excuses.  There will be no excuses for not meeting these goals short of fire and death. 

I am excited that we are doing Motivation Boards again.  We did this a couple years ago during a challenge and I loved it.  I still have my old one in the back of the closet somewhere.  I am going to bring that out and dust it off.  Time to do some updating.

Now comes the biggie.  Run the Hood!  I tried the C25K training program when we did the last Run the Hood.  I made it about half way through before I cried uncle.  My knees and my ankle screamed at me every day I tried to run.  I told myself it wasn't worth the pain it caused me and I "walked" the hood instead.  

When the post came out about the event for this year, I posted it on my Facebook page.   One of the girls I exercise with said she would run it with me.  I told her I don't run.  She said she would run it with me at my pace whether I ran two minutes or the whole thing.  She said she had nothing to prove and would love to help me do my best race.  That got me thinking.  Should I give this one more chance?  Would I be able to push past the pain and just do it?  Am I an idiot for even thinking of trying this again?  The jury is still out.  I have given myself till tomorrow to decide.  Any suggestions?  I think I am leaning toward trying it though.  God help me!!

My dream is that at the end of this challenge I will have lost ten pounds and a noticeable amount of inches.  I know that if I totally put my mind to this, I can do it.  Motivation board, I'm coming to find you!

5 comments:

  1. That sounds like a great action plan, Nancy!!

    You know what? You have said a MILLION times that you hate running, it's not for you. So my advice? Walk the race! Probably not what you thought I would say, huh? ;p

    -LISSA

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am excited about the motivation board too!!! Finally back into the challenges and I'm excited! Let's do this up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you are on the right track! Way to go.

    ReplyDelete