It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Tuesday, December 20, 2011

True Confessions

It's been quite awhile since I've posted a True Confession. I just get busy and things start to get away from me. It doesn't mean that I don't have anything to say or that things are going badly.
What I have been thinking about lately is that perfection just isn't a reality in my life. I am never going to be perfect. No matter how hard I try, it is just not going to happen. But....I am okay with that.

I might be older and I may be overweight, but this body can do some amazing things. I can walk for miles. I can do a kettle bell workout with the younger girls in class and keep up just fine. I can zumba and look ridiculous and not even care.

I may never be a size 8 again. I am okay with that. It wouldn't make me a perfect person to be a size 8 again. Just like staying a size 14 won't make me a perfect person. It's okay to not be perfect. It really, truly is okay.


Here is my confession.....perfect is not for me. I will never be perfect. I won't aspire to be perfect. It's a goal that I won't reach no matter how hard I try. I am going to be happy to just be me. I will be the best me that I can be. I will continue to eat right and exercise often. I will be a good wife, mom, grammy and friend. I will help anyone who asks me to. I will laugh. I will cry. I will drink Bacardi and diet. I will enjoy the little things. And I won't be perfect and that is just fine with me.


This is my goal for the new year. I just want to be the best me I can be. I won't be perfect, but I could end up pretty awesome.


3 comments:

  1. love this! hope to get there one day.

    signed,
    a struggling perfectionist

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are perfect just the way you are Nancy!

    ReplyDelete