It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Shrinkvivor Week 4

Week 4!?!? Holy cow, where is this challenge going? I love the Shrinkvivor challenge. It makes me stick to a plan and dig deep trying to not get voted off the island. So far, I haven't, but then there is always tribal council tomorrow.

This week I lost one pound. I kind of thought it would be more than that, but I'll take it. I had 402 exercise minutes this week and I did a pretty good job going green. The fact that every green pepper in my garden was ripe this week helped tremendously. I did make a major decision about how I exercise just in time for the Run the Hood 5k. You can read all about that over here.

If you have a chance to try a piyo class, do it! It is a most awesome class that gives you one heck of a workout. It mixes pilates and yoga and I thought it would be kind of flowing and easy. I was so wrong. It is flowing (if you do it right) but there is nothing easy about it. I love it though. I really do. Try it if you get a chance.


Team Vickie's Chickies!

Part of my exercise minutes this week came from the 5k I did on Sunday. It was the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk and I was a proud member of Vickie's Chickies. You can read my blog post about the walk here. That is Vickie front and center in the pink fleece. She is one of my very best friends and I do this walk for her and you. As of last night, I raised $1120.00 for Making Strides. I am very proud of that. I love Vickie and I would do anything for her.


Okay, that's what went on this week. See you all at tribal council. Good luck to us all!

5 comments:

  1. Hey, hopped over here from shrinkingjeans. Just wanted to say nice job on the Making Strides walk. I did the Komen 5k in Birmingham this past weekend. Every bit of money we raise helps in the fight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome job on your walk last week - that's a huge amount of money to raise!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome job on the weight loss, money raised and coming to the conclusion that you have to do what is right for YOU! You are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, Nancy. I know you're a shrinkvivor. You have the most important component and that's motivation. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good job this week Nancy. I love walking 5K's for a cause. It makes it worth the effort and time!

    ReplyDelete