It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Shrinkvivor Week 2

Well, it's the first weigh in after the initial let's get started weigh in. I am thrilled to say that I lost 2.2 pounds. I worked hard for that loss and I'm proud of it.

I have been going to classes twice a week. We had boot camp on Thursday and Tuesday and it was brutal, but man I got a great workout. I am also doing workouts at home on different days. I logged 467 exercise minutes this week.

I'm still trying to do the C25K program. I have to admit that I won't be done by the 5k because I have repeated more than one week. I'm old and have a bad knee and a bad ankle. It is hard on my joints when I come pounding down on them with all my weight. But I keep doing it because I swore to myself that I would run the entire 5k. I don't know if that will happen or not now. It's hard and to be totally honest with you all, I do not like running. This is like the third or fourth time I've tried to run and I still hate it. I guess we just wait till October 22 and see what happens.

I've been pretty on track with my eating. I didn't have any fast food but that really isn't a challenge for me. I gave up fast food a year or so ago. I am lucky in the fact that if I try to eat it now, it literally makes me sick. I'm following an eating plan that my fitness coach set up for me and it's not too bad. I love Friday! That is my free day with no exercise and I get to eat anything I want.

Tribe Maroon become the Maroon Maniacs. I love my tribe. They are a great bunch of supportive ladies. Unfortunately, we lost one of our members before we even got started. She never weighed in for the first weigh in. I don't understand why people sign up for challenges if they have no intention of doing it. Makes no sense to me at all.

Hope everyone had a great week. I have no idea what will happen tomorrow. If I'm the first to go to Exile Island, so be it. I'd like to spend a little time here though. We'll see what happens. Good luck everyone.

7 comments:

  1. great job on the minutes and the loss. I'm anxiously awaiting tribal council tomorrow also!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You killed it on the minutes this week! WTG Nancy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. NANCY.... ^5 to my fellow MANIAC!!! Way to go! You are right we have a great team. I'll be honest my girls KILLED me with the exercise this week, they pushed and shamed me in to it ( I didnt wanna exercise some days)

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW - you did AMAZING!! That's a huge amount of fitness minutes, and a great loss!!

    Keep up the great work!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Holy MINUTES!! Rock on, sister!

    I do not really like running either. There, I said it.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Woo hoo, maniac sister!!! Slow and steady is an awesome way to go, and really losing just a couple pounds each week lends itself better to the long term weight loss anyway. :) Keep on keepin' on!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Truth? I don't like running, either. I usually run and think, Why am I doing this? WHYYYYYY? But I like how I feel AFTER I run and that keeps me out there.

    ReplyDelete