It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Friday, September 16, 2011

Loving My Insides

My friend Lisa wrote a post on the Shrinking Jeans site that had an assignment in it. She has asked us to write a post about three things that we love about our insides. To quote Lisa..."I want each of us to focus on the innards of our bodies, the things we love about our insides-our personalities, our mental fortitude, or the like". You'll understand that more when you read my three things.

The first thing I love about my insides is my heart. I have a big heart. I will pretty much do anything for anybody at any time. Sometimes even to a fault. I love to have a cause. Right now I am starting to gear up for my fundraising for the Making Strides Against Breast Cancer walk.

The next thing I love is that I have finally given myself the power to really take the bull by the horns and really work on this weight loss and fitness journey. I have doing it for several years now and just haven't made any great progress. I finally feel like I am in the right frame of mind and I am going to do this. My fitness instructor is now also my fitness coach. We sat down last night and put pen to paper and laid out a real plan. I truly believe I can stick to this plan and Nikki is there to help me stay on track. Watch out folks because you might just be reading the blog of the next Shrinkvivor champion.

Lastly, I love that I don't back down from a challenge. The easiest way to get me to do something is tell that I can't do it. The personification of this was last years Exposed post. The truest proof that a challenge doesn't scare me. Although I'm a little like the scarecrow in The Wizard of Oz when it comes to water. Water scares me. Especially deep water. There are no triathalons in my future. I can promise you that.

Those are three things that I love about my insides. I actually can think of a couple more, but Lisa only asked for three. Thanks Lisa. I enjoyed this.

2 comments:

  1. Great post, Nancy! You have great innards and some pretty amazing out-ards too if you ask me!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are pretty damn awesome, inside and out! xo

    ReplyDelete