It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Burst into Summer / Week 9




Week 9! Can you believe that? This challenge has been flying by. I did all my bitchin and moanin over here yesterday. Feel free to go check it out. I'm in no hurry. Okay, you're back. Today is all about good things. Here goes....


I lost 1.1 pounds last week. That puts my challenge loss so far at 6.9 pounds. Not on par with what I wanted to lose for this challenge, but we aren't done yet. There is always time to really turn it on these last weeks. And when you hear the next paragraph, you'll see why I said that.


The Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans of which I am a proud contributing writer is going to have their third annual virtual 5k. But this year is different. Our virtual 5k is a 5k or 10k. We have t shirts and finisher medals. You and all your friends and family can join us. It is October 22 and you can go here to learn all about it. You can also click on the widget in the sidebar.


In honor of this most awesome race, I am going to start the C25K program so that I can run the whole race this year. I have run/walked the last two years. This time I am going to run the whole thing if it kills me. Two of the other girls from Shrinking Jeans are going to do this with me. It is much harder to back out when you have other people counting on you to do it with you.


I'm off to recruit a team to run with me in October. How about you? Are you running or walking with us? I hope you do. It is going to be amazing. I promise!

2 comments:

  1. Great job, Nancy! I'd love to run with you, but it's only 6 days after my marathon. I'm hoping to just be walking down the hallway at school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm walking it with my little boy! I can't wait...YOU CAN DO THIS Nancy! You go, girl!

    ReplyDelete