It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Burst into Summer / Week 8

Week 8! Does that really say week 8?!?! This challenge is flying by which also means summer is flying by too. Next week is my staff meeting and then school starts the week after that. I can't believe that summer break is almost over. It just seems like the older I get, the faster time goes. Kind of scary!

We were on vacation last week. We rented a house and a pontoon boat on Diamond Lake in Cassopolis, Michigan. We went with our kids and grand kids and my sister and brother-in-law and their kids and grand kids. We should have had a bigger house. Most of the week was fun, but I did have a few tense moments when it just got a little too close. Too many attitudes and opinions and helpers and non helpers in one house. At our max point, there were 21 of us in a three bedroom house.




This was my view from the dock. It really was pretty out there. I spent a lot of time there and some of that time I spent drinking tall glasses of Bacardi and diet with lime. I spent time by the nightly fires drinking the same thing. Hey, you handle stress your way and I handle it mine.


So here's the kicker...I was pretty good about my eating. Remember that I went with my sister who is a skinny freak. I even did really well with the mini challenge. The only ice cream I had all week was when I shared a dilly bar with Jack. My part consisted of licking the ice cream when it started to drip.


The bottom line is that I am down a half pound. I LOST a half of a pound!! Not a great loss, but it's not a gain which was what I was expecting. So how about you? Did you have a good week? Did you gain or lose? Did you drink more than you should have like me or were you good?

No comments:

Post a Comment