It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Burst into Summer Finale




It's here my friends. The finale of the Burst into Summer challenge. If you read last weeks post, you know that I have been on quite a journey during this challenge.

I lost 1.1 pounds last week. That puts me at a total loss for the challenge of 8.6 pounds. It's not the 15 pounds I had hoped for, but I'll take it. I'm not going to make excuses for not reaching my goal. If you have been checking in here, you know all about it.

I did my best to finish strong. I did all the things I had set as my goals for the challenge. I drank my water, I exercised, I ate right, I took my vitamins. All the good stuff and it seems to have worked.

Yesterday I did Week 2 Day 1 of the C25K program. It's still hard, but I'm okay with that. I am hoping that it does get easier at some point though. I can be patient. I just hope by October 22 and the Run the Hood 5k, I can run the whole race. That is my new goal.

I want to thank my team members of Team 4. We lost one member along the way, but we did a pretty good job. We have been in second place for the last few weeks and each week we kept getting closer to first place. If we pull out a win in this last week, it would be awesome. If we don't, I'll still be proud of us. We have always been in at least the Top 10. We did good.

So now I wait until tomorrow for the leader board. The numbers between 1st and 2nd were really close last week. Team 4 has a shot at pulling this out. Here's hoping!

2 comments:

  1. I am so proud of you Nancy. You are into week 2 of c25k and you lost almost 9 pounds during this challenge! That's awesome. Good luck to team 4. I'm rooting for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whooohooo! You did great on this challenge, Nancy! You are doing great on the C25K training, too. Just remember that if it gets too tough you can repeat weeks, to make it easier!

    ReplyDelete