It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

Mini Summer Breakfast Swap Recap

You might remember that I decided to become a part of the mini Summer Breakfast Swap with Mel. The idea was that I would eat Uncle Sam's cereal for breakfast for one week and that was just what I did. Now I am supposed to do a recap for you about what I thought.

After a little hunting, I found the cereal. I was ready to start the challenge. Next came the part that kind of threw me for a loop. They wanted me to just eat the cereal in milk every morning. I do not drink milk. I do not like milk. What in the world did I just get myself into? I just assumed that I would be able to mix it in my yogurt or make some of the yummy looking breakfast bars that are on the Attune Foods website. Nope, eat it in milk. Okey dokey!


I started the week with a bowl of Uncle Sam's and milk. I am not ashamed to say that I was not very impressed. It had very little flavor. But then I remembered what Annelies from Attune Foods had told me. She said that if I got the Uncle Sam Original, it is less than 1g sugar for a reason, so if I liked my cereal a bit sweeter, I might want to think about adding fresh fruit or a drizzle of honey to the bowl. So that is just what I did. I played with it and tweeked it a little every day until I came up with the bowl you see below. It is Uncle Sam, almond soy milk, blueberries and a drizzle of honey. It is pretty much everything she told me to try, but I could eat this without a problem.

I lost a pound the week of the challenge. I don't know if I can attribute it to eating the cereal or not, but it certainly couldn't have hurt. I found out that a bowl of cereal and fruit can stay with me all morning without feeling hungry before lunch. That was something I wouldn't have thought before the challenge. The thing that I am looking forward to now is making the breakfast granola bars from the Attune Foods website. They really do look yummy.

I want to thank Mel for asking me to join her on this challenge. I am anxious to read her recap at the end of her challenge. She is doing this for the summer. I also want to thank Annelies from Attune Foods. She was very helpful with getting me started on this little journey. I am happy to say that I can see myself eating cereal for breakfast again. I never would have tried if it wasn't for this challenge.


1 comment:

  1. Yay! I'm glad you found a way to eat it that worked for you. I generally have mine with almond milk and fresh fruit. Like you, I find it definitely stays with me until lunch which surprised me as well!

    ReplyDelete