It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, July 20, 2011

Burst into Summer / Week 5



Our thermometer in the sun says 112 and the one in the shade says 98. Let's just split the difference and say that it is 105 here this afternoon. It's the kind of hot that makes it hurt to take a deep breath. Not to mention the fact that it is freakishly humid and we have no AC. It has been like this for close to a week with no end in sight. Because of this little fact, I was expecting to not have a very good weigh in.

I have exercised very little this week. With the exception of the tworkout last night, the only exercise I remember doing was in the pool. My eating hasn't been that great. It's just too hot to eat. It makes me feel sick to eat. Except of course when I wake up at 3:25 in the morning and am so hot, I feel the need to eat a bowl of ice cream to cool me down. You can read my True Confession from yesterday if you'd like the whole story.

Because of all of the above, I wasn't expecting much in the weigh in department today. I got up this morning and I kept putting off going in to weigh myself. Had I only known what was going to happen, I would have bolted in there first thing. I am down 1.1 pounds. That is a full pound more than last week. I think I can probably thank sweat for that loss. That is pretty much all I do these days. Whatever the reason, I am happy.

I didn't do a very good job with the mini challenge this week. We can blame that on the heat too. Even though I have tried, sleeping when it is this hot doesn't happen very easily. I am pretty sure the mini challenge for next week could kill me. NO DIET COKE!!! The main reason being I have the grand kids from Saturday morning till Sunday night and doing that without caffeine could be a really bad thing. I'm not making any promises.

Last but not least, I am doing the Attune Foods/Uncle Sam cereal mini Summer Breakfast Swap with Mel this week. You can read all about it here. I think there is still time if you'd like to join in too



That's it for now. Try to keep cool and we'll see how it goes for next week.

4 comments:

  1. Whhoohooo! At least the heat is good for something, right??!! Hope it cools down there soon or you talk the hubs into buying ac!! I can't imagine not having ac...we turn ours on in April and it doesn't go off till around November usually!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on the loss, take it however you can, right? Sorry it is so hot. It is consistently 90 and humid here in FL, but at least we have the A/C (constantly)!

    ReplyDelete
  3. congrats on that loss!! :) as for the no coke thing...we need to give it our best shot & even if we slip up here and there at least do less than normal. we can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the loss! When it's this hot, I just puff up like a balloon. Friday I head your way for the Cubs game. Pray some of the heat is gone for both of our sakes!

    ReplyDelete