It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Burst into Summer / Week 4

It's Wednesday! That means it's time to head over to the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans and post our stats for the week. I was amazed and thrilled when I got on the scale this morning. I am down .1 pounds. You are probably laughing now thinking I have lost it if I am happy about a loss of .1 pounds, but I am pretty darn happy.

Let me tell you about my week. I did okay on Wednesday and Thursday. Then came Friday, Saturday and Sunday and the Valadez family reunion. I am not a Valadez by blood, but you couldn't ask to be lucky enough to be welcomed into this family as an outsider. This is the family of one of my cery best friends. If you read my True Confession yesterday, you know what went on at this reunion. If not, go ahead and read it...I'll wait. So you see why I was surprised when I got on the scale today. I was sure I was going to have a big gain.

The mini challenge this week was no fast food. That was a piece of cake(not really) for me. I haven't eaten fast food in years. It literally makes me sick if I eat it now. I kept the fruit basket out on the counter again this week. Somehow, it didn't empty as fast as last week. My water intake was a little off. I was taking in other liquid for those three infamous days.

I am doing well with eating breakfast every morning. Speaking of breakfast, I am joining Mel in the Mini Summer Breakfast Swap with Uncle Sam cereal and Attune Foods. It took me some time to find the cereal. I had to go to three towns and five stores, but I finally found it this morning. I'll be starting the challenge on Monday. I'll be eating this cereal instead of my usual breakfast food. Attune Foods gave me a coupon to get the cereal free. You can join in too if you'd like. Just click on the breakfast swap link and Mel will tell you all about it.

In my post yesterday, I talked about thinking I am done with going to boot camp class at the gym. It makes me sad, but I think it might be the right thing to do for me. I'm hoping to keep going to zumba, but nobody showed up last night. I'm just going to keep doing the SJ boot camp and I have the wii zumba disc. I've been walking in the morning too. I think it will be fine.

So that's my week. How did you do? I plan on doing better next week. I think a big loss is in my future. I maintained last week and lost that big .1 pounds this week. I think I owe Team 4 some pounds.

Last but certainly not least, I was so inspired by this post by our very own Lisa. Check it out. She is a freakin rock star.

A friend posted this quote on her Facebook page this morning. For many reasons it just kind of spoke to me. I just thought I'd share it with you.


6 comments:

  1. a loss is a loss! I would be proud of that .1 after your party weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. congratulations...a step in the right direction!

    ReplyDelete
  3. .1 is awesome and you won't have to worry about it ever again. and I adore the little banner. So true!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love that quote! Enjoy your loss, but enjoy the time you got to spend with friends even more :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow - that quote is EXACTLY what I needed to see this morning...

    Thank you so much for your positive attitude... it's very contagious!!

    Oh - and I'm "borrowing" the quote...if that's ok?

    ReplyDelete