It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, June 29, 2011

Burst Into Summer / Week 2

I feel like a little kid right now. I want to jump up and down and yell and cry and say "It's not fair, it's not fair!!". Who the heck said that I could work my ass off and only lose .06 pounds??? IT'S NOT FAIR!!
Do you hear me weight loss gods? It is not fair!! Get my drift? I am not a happy camper.

I have worked really hard this week. I have been doing the two boot camps. When I worked too hard I cut back a little, but I was still working damn hard. Those sprints would liked to have killed me, but they didn't. Intervals at my other boot camp tried to do me in too, but I wouldn't let them. And this the thanks I get?!?! Yes, I missed zumba, but when I did I worked out at home. It wasn't like I totally slacked off. I missed for good reasons. I just didn't choose to not go.

I confessed yesterday to eating cupcakes, but that could not have been my downfall. It wasn't like I ate a dozen cupcakes and ate them everyday. It was two stinkin cupcakes on one particular day. Big freakin deal!!!

I aced the mini challenge this week. I didn't miss breakfast once. I kept up with last weeks challenge too. Water, water, water. I'm thinking that next weeks challenge should be pretty easy. I've put a basket of fruit on the kitchen counter, so remembering to eat it is much easier. I also keep peppers in the fridge all washed and ready to go.

But -.06?!?! This is the kind of crap that makes me want to go to the Cubs game today and eat all the ballpark food and have cocktails till I'm buzzed. It makes me crazy. But, everyone has bad weeks when they are trying hard, so I guess this just my turn.

Sorry it wasn't more Team 4. I really did try. I promise not to go crazy at the ballpark. I get to go to the Cubby Bear before the game, so I know I'll have a drink or two there. We are meeting friends who live close by and I've never been there before. I may never get there again, so yes, I'll be drinking. I'll be good with the ballpark food. Nothing too awful. But I am going to have fun. It's a Cubs game for heavens sake. And I'll drive people crazy with my camera, but that's okay too.

I think I may be feeling a little better now, but when I started this post.......


I felt like Lizzy looks

a caged animal who was really pissed off!!

10 comments:

  1. Nancy are you measuring? I bet you have lost some inches, especially if you are doing all that exercise. A loss is a loss and you don't have to worry about that .6 next week! I think you had a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I know how you feel...the amount of times I've had weeks like this.

    I remember that when I did boot camp last year, I would get so frustrated. After 6 weeks of busting my ass - I only ended up losing like 5lbs. I was PISSED!!

    Then, when I went for my final measurements - I saw that I had lost several inches.

    I hate hearing "you're probably gaining muscle" when I don't have much of a loss... but in all reality, it's true. Boot camp and strength training builds muscle before it starts blasting fat.

    You're doing great...don't be so hard on yourself. **HUGS**

    ReplyDelete
  3. First off! I love Lizzy's picture!!
    Secondly, it's more than half a pound and next week it will be more! You are losing weight and exercising your tail off....it will come off! Hang in there, Nancy! You are working out too hard for the weight to not come off! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Weight loss can be so frustrating at times. You are doing great. Try not to let this weeks numbers get you down.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am with Trish on this one... Take your measurments! Remember that muscle weighs more than fat, AND (this is the good part) it takes up much less space. For several months at the beginning of the year, I only took off 3-4 pounds, but I dropped three clothing sizes!

    Hang in there and try not to beat yourself up too much! Take your measurements and keep doing what you are doing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks ladies. I just took my measurements (gasp choke) and we'll see what happens.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nancy, you are totally losing inches and body fat. Trust me. When I started bootcamp last September, I lost 2 pounds in 6 weeks, but I lost 5% points from my body fat - from 32% to 27% - and I also lost 9 inches. FOR REAL. Even though the scale isn't showing the numbers you'd like to see, I'll bet your losing in other ways. Don't let it get you down, hooker!!!!

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hang in there Nancy! It's not easy but you can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. If the boot camp workouts are a significantly different type of workout for you -- you could be retaining fluid in your muscles. Keep doing what you're doing, keep working hard and it will come off. Really.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ugh. This is why I hate the scale. It really isn't an accurate measurement sometimes. Revel in the fact that you know you did your best. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete