It's time for the longest Sisterhood challenge ever. 11 weeks of exercise bursts and weekly challenges. A boot camp for everyone to follow online. I can't tell you how excited I am about this challenge. I need it very badly because I have screwed up very badly. I didn't really realize how bad until this morning.
I bought a new scale. I haven't decided if that was good or bad. I weighed myself for the first time on it this morning and I was horrified. According to this scale, I weigh what I did back in January. Holy crap!! That means that I have gained a big chunk of weight or I weighed a bunch more than I thought when I got serious about this in January. Whatever it means,
IT STOPS NOW!!!
I know that I have told you before that the last six weeks of school kicked my butt. I was busy beyond words and exercise took a total backseat to everything else. I didn't think my eating was that bad, but I guess it was. There were days when I hardly ate at all and that is just as bad as eating all the wrong things. Add those three things together and you get my weight this morning on the new scale.
BUT, I HAVE A PLAN!
It starts right now. Some of it actually started on Monday. Here's how it goes.....
1. I'm back to My Fitness Pal. Obviously I do much better when I am logging my food intake and exercise.
2. I am back at boot camp and zumba. I've gone the last two nights and I'm going tonight and tomorrow. Four nights a week and no less.
3. I am back to walking. I bought a new pedometer and it is the first thing I do in the morning. No time to find excuses not to do it. I started with three miles which is what I was doing last summer. It was a little hard the first three mornings, but I know it will get easier and maybe I'll even be able to add to that as the summer goes on.
4. Water! Water, water water. I think I have forgotten what that even tasted like. No more. I have my 64 ounce jug filled and my goal is to drink that and more through the course of the day. That just happens to be the mini challenge this week.
5. I will take my vitamins and quit letting them sit in the basket in the kitchen. A few months ago, I never missed taking them.
Yeah, that's the plan. I think, no, I know I can do this. I have done it before and I just let too many things get in my way the last six weeks. I have a vacation the first week in August that happens to include our renting a house on a lake for a week with some family members. I'd like to be able to wear a bathing suit while I'm there. I sure wouldn't do it if we left today.
I'm taking my measurements this morning (gasp) and I may even get brave and take some pictures. A little inspiration (or fear) never hurt anyone. This challenge is mine to do with as I please. It would please me to no end to lose at least 15 pounds. I think that being off work for the summer might just give me that pleasure.
I am proud to be a member of Team 4 for this challenge. We really need to get a real name. I only know one of the ladies on the team, but I love to make new friends and support people on this all important journey we are on.
Lastly, I plan to do True Confessions and Weigh In posts every week. I also plan to switch where I post them between this blog and my Sisterhood blog. Hope you'll visit and follow my progress because there will be progress. I'll be checking out your posts too.
Together, we can all do this!