It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Burst into Spring / The Beginning



It's time for the longest Sisterhood challenge ever. 11 weeks of exercise bursts and weekly challenges. A boot camp for everyone to follow online. I can't tell you how excited I am about this challenge. I need it very badly because I have screwed up very badly. I didn't really realize how bad until this morning.


I bought a new scale. I haven't decided if that was good or bad. I weighed myself for the first time on it this morning and I was horrified. According to this scale, I weigh what I did back in January. Holy crap!! That means that I have gained a big chunk of weight or I weighed a bunch more than I thought when I got serious about this in January. Whatever it means,


IT STOPS NOW!!!


I know that I have told you before that the last six weeks of school kicked my butt. I was busy beyond words and exercise took a total backseat to everything else. I didn't think my eating was that bad, but I guess it was. There were days when I hardly ate at all and that is just as bad as eating all the wrong things. Add those three things together and you get my weight this morning on the new scale.


BUT, I HAVE A PLAN!


It starts right now. Some of it actually started on Monday. Here's how it goes.....

1. I'm back to My Fitness Pal. Obviously I do much better when I am logging my food intake and exercise.

2. I am back at boot camp and zumba. I've gone the last two nights and I'm going tonight and tomorrow. Four nights a week and no less.

3. I am back to walking. I bought a new pedometer and it is the first thing I do in the morning. No time to find excuses not to do it. I started with three miles which is what I was doing last summer. It was a little hard the first three mornings, but I know it will get easier and maybe I'll even be able to add to that as the summer goes on.

4. Water! Water, water water. I think I have forgotten what that even tasted like. No more. I have my 64 ounce jug filled and my goal is to drink that and more through the course of the day. That just happens to be the mini challenge this week.

5. I will take my vitamins and quit letting them sit in the basket in the kitchen. A few months ago, I never missed taking them.


Yeah, that's the plan. I think, no, I know I can do this. I have done it before and I just let too many things get in my way the last six weeks. I have a vacation the first week in August that happens to include our renting a house on a lake for a week with some family members. I'd like to be able to wear a bathing suit while I'm there. I sure wouldn't do it if we left today.


I'm taking my measurements this morning (gasp) and I may even get brave and take some pictures. A little inspiration (or fear) never hurt anyone. This challenge is mine to do with as I please. It would please me to no end to lose at least 15 pounds. I think that being off work for the summer might just give me that pleasure.


I am proud to be a member of Team 4 for this challenge. We really need to get a real name. I only know one of the ladies on the team, but I love to make new friends and support people on this all important journey we are on.


Lastly, I plan to do True Confessions and Weigh In posts every week. I also plan to switch where I post them between this blog and my Sisterhood blog. Hope you'll visit and follow my progress because there will be progress. I'll be checking out your posts too.

Together, we can all do this!

12 comments:

  1. New scales are always a pain :) I remember when I bought a new one a few years back, it did the same thing to me. UGH!

    You can do this, Nancy! I know how serious you are, and with your determination, I know you will meet your goals!!

    KICK ASS, hooker!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love, love your plan! And I stepped on the scale and was like WHAT!!! LOL I gained sinced the last challenge, which I do every single time! GAH! Good luck to you! You will rock it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Damn scales!
    I know you'll totally kick ass during this challenge. Take charge, woman!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The scale wasn't my friend this morning either. But it's a start to a new challenge and we can do it. Grandma's Rock!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great plan Nancy! You can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You have a great plan set for yourself. I recently went back to My Fitness Pal as well and am getting into the swing of things.

    Good luck during the next 11 weeks.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love your plan, Nancy! I have no doubt you can accomplish them all and more. Best of luck this challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your plan rocks, Nancy - I can't wait to cheer you on in this challenge. You are going to RAWK!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What is it about new scales??? Mine was the same way!

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's no doubt in my mind that your very successful journey will begin with your very well thought out plan! Good job!
    And I'm with Adah. "Grandma's Rock!"

    ReplyDelete
  11. You have a great plan in place. You can do this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Dude!! I can see the fire in you so i know you are going to rock this challenge!!

    ReplyDelete