It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Who Says I'm Stylish?

Bari does!


My blogging friend Bari gave me this award last week and this was the first chance that I had to acknowledge this. Bari and I became friends through blogging and the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans. We actually met in person for the first time a few weeks ago. She is the kind of friend that everyone should have. She is inspiring by her actions and words. She'll tell you when you are doing good and she'll also tell you to get your tail in gear when the need arises. Thank you Bari. You are the best!


The next part says to share some things about yourself. Bari shared seven, so I guess that is the number to do.


1. I became one of the newest contributing writers for the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans a few weeks ago. I am proud and thrilled beyond belief.


2. I prefer to be the passenger and not the driver once I leave my local surroundings. Big city traffic scares me. Why do people live in those cities and put up with that every day?


3. I took my first yoga class this morning. I was prepared to stretch, but boy did we STRETCH. It was pretty intense.


4. I love to use my crock pot especially during the school year. It just makes my life so much easier and there are so many recipes to try.


5. I also started going to boot camp and zumba. Boot camp is okay, but I love zumba. I was afraid of looking stupid, but everybody looks stupid. Everyone except our wonderful instructor Irma. She is the bomb.


6. Back when I was a kid, one of my best friends had horses. We even used to ride them all the time and even in our hometown parades. I used to love it. I think I still would if I ever had the opportunity.


7. I love to hike. My very favorite place to hike is the Smokey Mountains. I really need to get back there one day. We've been there five times, but haven't been there is quite a few years.


Now I am supposed to pass this along to seven of my favorite bloggers. I really don't like to do that to people, so let's do this. If you'd like to play along, grab this award and have at it. Plus, how could I pick my seven favorite bloggers? That is way too hard.


Thanks again Bari. This came at a time when I really needed to hear that there were still people out there that liked me. XOXO

4 comments:

  1. Yeah Nancy! Thanks for sharing a little more about yourself :) You really are loved :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay for an award that's so deserving! I learned more about you too! I've always wanted to try yoga...The Smokey Mountains are one of my favorite places to go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like to be the driver - I feel like I have more control over my destiny if I can control the vehicle.

    When I was growing up, my best friend had a pool in her backyard. We swam ALL the time. I was a little dolphin girl...and then I grew up...and out...and now I don't feel comfortable in the water at all. There's just too much of me (right now!).

    I hear the Smokey's are amazing!! I'm going to start hiking this year and see what I can conquer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How could we NOT love Nancy?? You are definitely loved...so glad you are part of the Sisterhood and I got to know you. I love reading more about my friends on things like this.

    ReplyDelete