It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Saturday, January 8, 2011

The Sisterhood Virtual 5K


It is Virtual 5K Day at the Sisterhood.
I laced up my Asics, filled a water bottle and headed for the basement.
I would have liked to go outside, but it's really cold, snowing and icy here in northwest Indiana.
I turned on the tv and hopped on the treadmill.
I was determined to make this workout count.


If you read my post yesterday, I wasn't real happy looking back at my letter to myself from last January. I'm not that girl that I dreamed about last year. Not even close.
Bari left a comment on that post that really made me think while I was on the treadmill this morning. She said "2010 was still a success because you learned what didn't work for you. Now you have all of 2011 to make it work and I know you are going to be great!" You know what? She is totally right. I have a new start and a new attitude to go with it.


I know that I have said this before. We probably all have. But something about this time feels different. I didn't like the way I felt when I read last years letter. I don't want to feel that way again next year. You'll have to come back on Wednesday for my weigh in post to hear all the details of my plan. You'll want to see my weight loss too because I am expecting a good one.


On to the real reason for this post.
My virtual 5k results.
May we have a drumroll please..........
Check it out.



I know for lots of you, this isn't a great 5k, but for me, it's awesome.

My only problem was that I didn't know exactly what the conversion of a 5k to miles was. I knew it was somewhere around three miles, so I stopped at a round calories burned number.

475 calories burned!

I never went below 2 or over 5 for my speed, but I'm proud of myself!

15 comments:

  1. Great job! As long as you learn from your 2010 self, then it's definitely a success - I have to agree with Bari, and I'm glad to read that you do, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Job girl!! Everything is a lesson, our job is to figure it out & learn from it all!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did so great this morning! I'm glad you listened to me, too. Sometimes I surprise myself with those little nuggets of wisdom :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. New start, new attitude, new Nancy. I am so proud of you- great job!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great 5K to me...pretty much the same time and same distance!! We are getting it done and we will be successful in 2011...TOGETHER WE CAN AND WE WILL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Way to go Nancy! Us grandmas in the sisterhood are going to rock 2011...we are off to a good start!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great work, Nancy! You should be proud of yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  8. whoooo hooo! way to shake off a bad feeling for a new start. Great job on the 5K!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome! great job, keep it up!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, that's great! You should be VERY proud of yourself for cranking out that 5k!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nancy, I'm so proud of you!!!!!!!!!!!

    5K is 3.1 just so you know :)

    My time was 45 and some change :)

    You learned so much last year, and it was not a fail. I'm so glad to hear you're in the right place now and ready to kick those pounds to the curb. You're going to ROCK 2011 and I'm so glad I'll be along to watch you SUCCEED!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great job friend! I feel your spirit and new zest for life.

    ReplyDelete