It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Power of One / Weigh In #2



If it's Wednesday, it must be weigh in day over at the Sisterhood. I've been looking forward to writing this post since the weekend. I've had an epiphany of sorts and can't wait to tell you all about it.

Let's go back to last Wednesday and the first weigh in. I said that I was fat. I thought I was just stating a fact. I guess I was wrong. People were not happy that I said that. That was the first thing that got me thinking.

Next, we go to Friday. I wrote my Power of One project 1. You know the one where we were supposed to go back and read our letters to ourselves from last January. This post did not make me happy. I felt like a huge failure, but the post got some great comments. My awesome friend Bari said "2010 was still a success because you learned what didn't work for you. Now you have all of 2011 to make it work and I know you are going to be great!". This was the second thing that got me thinking.

Now we go to Saturday. It was Virtual 5k day. I did my 5k on the treadmill and I did a lot of thinking while I ran/walked. I thought about a lot of things, but I kept going back to Bari's comment. I realized that she was totally right. If I wanted to, I could learn from my mistakes and have a new start in 2011. This was definitely what I wanted to do and what I needed to do.

Sunday I was thinking about the 2nd annual 1/2 marathon in California. I can't go. The timing is all wrong because I'd miss preschool graduation and that could mean my job. It's also half way across the country for me. I started looking and found a 1/2 marathon an hour away from home. The coolest thing about it is the finish line is on the 50 yard line of Notre Dame stadium. I love Notre Dame football. How cool would that be!!!! So, I'm 95% sure I am going to run/walk this, if my friend or daughter will do it with me and right now, it is looking like they both will. I would have to do it with them to run/walk it. The absolute best part....it's on June 5th! The same day as the Sisterhood 1/2 marathon.

Fast forward to Monday. I did my first functional fitness class. It was hard and it pushed me and I loved it. I found out that in a group setting, I'll push myself further than by myself. The good news is I have a new start and a new attitude to go with it.

So now we come to today and the weigh in. I weigh 198.5. I weighed 199.6 last week. That means that I lost 1.1 pounds this week. I am very happy with this. It's my new start.

Lastly, about that fat thing. I promise not to say it anymore. If I'm feeling the need to say it, I'll go with "fluffy". I'm the fluffy girl, but boy am I the happy fluffy girl!! And one of these days, I'll be the "former fluffy girl". Just you wait and see.

11 comments:

  1. Nancy, I'm so happy for you. I know that the battle lies in getting your mind right and you have so done that! I've lost my focus and I'll be looking to you and the rest of the Sisterhood for inspiration so keep up the good work. You rock!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, such an inspiring weigh in. You rock these challenges girl. How neat that you will get to fulfill your dream and walk Notre Dame. I had a rough week and when I went to weigh in this morning my W.W. scale was not working again. I even put new batteries in it. I overslept and didn't make it to curves to weigh, so I will have to weigh in tonight or in the morning. I feel like Mary, I lost my focus and my mind feels all cloudy, but I won't give up! I'm proud for your loss!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Such a great, inspirational post! and congrats on your loss this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. YAY, although fluffy is cute but it doesn't define you, remember that! I'm very proud of you for all that you have accomplished and will accomplish!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might just have to come down and cheer you on as you cross that finish line at ND! I am so proud of you, not just for the 1.1 pound you saw on the scale, but for the lightness you will begin to feel because your head is in the right place. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nancy, you are amazing. I LOVE watching you grow (and shrink) and come to these fantastic realizations. You are beautiful and strong!!

    I totally push myself harder in a group setting. That's why I absolutely ADORE my bootcamp.

    The fact that you found a 1/2 to run/walk on 6/5 makes me want to cry happy tears. I love you, Nancy. You're awesome, and you can do anything you set your mind too. I promise!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great post! So proud of you!!Can't wait to hear of your training for this race and how you grow into a new and improved Nancy!! I may need to look into something like this, too. How cool would that be to have a virtual 1/2 mary??!! Whooohooo!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go Nancy....I love when everything just clicks in our minds and we get it! I can't wait to follow you on your training I know you are going to do great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great job Nancy! What a great week you had and how awesome to be gaining so much clarity. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nancy, I am so, so proud of you. You have come a long way mentally and that is more than 1/2 the battle. Congrats on the loss this week.

    ReplyDelete