It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, January 5, 2011

The Power of One / Weigh In #1


Hi. My name is Nancy and I am fat!


This is my new mantra. I don't mean for it to sound like I'm putting myself down.
I just mean for it to sound true.

Because guess what? I am fat. There is no two ways about it.

I just think that if I keep reminding myself by saying this often, I stand a better chance of not doing the wrong things and eating the wrong things.


Today is the first weigh in of the new challenge. I'm happy with my results. I weigh 199.6 pounds. I lost .8 pounds. Although it certainly could have been better, with the holiday it could have been worse.

I'm glad the holiday is over. It was fun while it was here, but it's time to get back on track. I went back to work on Monday and that has helped a lot. I'm back on a schedule and I am doing the things that I need to do. I spent the first hour of Biggest Loser on the treadmill and elliptical. I spent the second hour doing the tworkout.

Here are my goals for this challenge, in case you missed them before. I did forget one goal in that list. I'm trying to remember to take my vitamin every day. I know that I feel better when I do. I also forgot about getting to bed at a decent time. I have been really trying to do that since Saturday night. The latest I've been up is 11:00 and that is really early for me.

This is what is going on for my first weigh in. I can't wait till we weigh in next week. I have one whole week of good eating and exercise ahead of me with no holidays or parties ahead of me. Check back next week and see how I did. I think it is going to be awesome.

p.s. I wanted to tell you about a free site I found. It's sponsored by Tylenol and it's called Just Keep Moving. It helps you create a wellness experience that focuses on exercise, nutrition, and healthy, active living. Just for registering, they will send you a pedometer and a dvd. If you want to check it out, here's the link https://www.justkeepmoving.com/econsumer/jkm/index.view

9 comments:

  1. Way to go! A lost is always great no matter how much it is!

    http://nomoremonkeyonmyback.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. 11 is an early bedtime for you? you are missing out on some good sleep then. my bed starts calling my name around 9 o'clock! :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. A loss is a loss and I am proud of you. I don't know how you can stay awake so late. I am in the bed so early. I know it is so much harder when there are celebrations. I feel a much better week coming for both of us. I have to go now and report my first week...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great job! I am glad to be back on a schedule too even though it has been so hard to adjust too! I need to work on getting to bed earlier too but I'm working around my toddler's schedule. She is such a night owl!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations on your loss Nancy! I know you are going to rock 2011. It's your year, lady!

    And on the fat thing. GOD I hate that word so much. I cringe when I see/hear people call themselves fat. Get skinny already so you can quit using that word, okay :P

    Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job on the loss, Nancy! And I'm with Christy on the F word. Yah, THAT F word. I love you too much to hear you call yourself fat. IJS.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen to the being finished with all of the holiday festivities! Get the F word out of your vocabulary, Nancy! The more you say it, the more comfortable you will get with it and the more you will BECOME it... You are worth WAY, WAY more than that!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree with the ladies, I'm all for tough love toward ourselves and all, but that F word can be harsh! Way to go on your first week loss!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome job with your loss this week! Not sure if the F word should be there. I think it should read "HI. My name is Nancy and I am BEAUTIFUL!"

    ReplyDelete