It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Friday, January 7, 2011

Power of One Project #1

Dear 2011 Nancy,

I'm going to give this first paragraph to 2010 and then we are going to leave it behind. I had big dreams when I wrote this letter last year. Big dreams! I was a big talker. A big talker with not a lot of follow through. I'd do good and then I'd slack off. I'd do good and then I'd slack off. Do you see a pattern here? I was going to learn to run and when it got hard, I quit. I had 10 pounds that I kept playing with. Up and down and up and down. 10 pounds is nothing when you need to lose 40 or 50 pounds. 2010 was not our year for success. Plain and simple.

Now we have to look to 2012 and what we will have accomplished by then. I guarantee you my friend that we will have done much better than we did with 2010. Let's look ahead and see what we did.

Right out of the shoot in January, we got back on Weight Watchers and we really got our money worth. We liked the new Points Plus program and worked really hard at staying with it. We worked hard enough to lose 30 pounds. We still have some more to lose, but we have a great start.

We gave running another try. We kept at it and even though we don't love it, we like it. We ran three 5K's and are even considering trying something longer.

Exercise has truly become a real part of our everyday life. There is rarely a day that we don't do something. Wii games are a favorite along with pilates and kettle bell workouts. We logged some serious time in the basement on the treadmill, bike and elliptical.

We found a better balance in our time for our self. Family and work still take a big part of the day, but we found a way to be sure there is time for just us in the day too. It took a little trial and err, but we finally figured it out. I think that's how we really got this whole process started.

So...I think we did pretty darn good this year. We no longer say the word fat about our self. We save that for chubby babies. We learned to truly believe in our self. We don't let others define us. We learned that we are pretty awesome. We learned that if we want it badly enough, we'll find a way to make it happen.

I can't wait to see what 2012 will bring!

Love you,

2010 Nancy

8 comments:

  1. Exercise as part of our every day life -- what an accomplishment! I can't wait to congratulate you next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 2010 was still a success because you learned what didn't work for you. Now you have all of 2011 to make it work and I know you are going to be great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great letter Nancy - Good for you for tackling balance this year... It isn't easy and I think it is something that we have to consistently revisit. Love that you kicked the word "fat" to the curb! You are awesome and I can't wait to watch all of this unfold this year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree with Bari! 2010 was a learning experience, 2011 is going to be so much better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's gonna be a great year for you Nancy! You have grown a lot during 2010 and you are gonna rock 2011!! We can do this together!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an amazing year you are going to have! You will really find yourself and your balance! I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're gonna do terrific in 2011! I just know it!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't write a letter last year (I was just watching everyone at that time) but if I had we would have been in the same boat. But this is 2011 now and I just know that us Grandma's are going to be shining stars!!

    ReplyDelete