It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Sunday, January 23, 2011

Hello Little Blog

Most of you probably know that I was chosen to be one of the new contributing writers for the Sisterhood of the Shrinking Jeans. I was so happy to be chosen. It was like a dream come true.

I have been a member of the Sisterhood almost since it's beginnings. I have loved being a part of it. Being a real contributing part now is awesome. I just posted my first official post today. Check it out here...http://bit.ly/g6AN6P

Because I have been over there so much this first week, I feel like I have neglected this little blog. I did my True Confessions and Weigh In over there. So I thought I would come over here and tell you how my week has been going.

The big exercise news is that I have been going to boot camp and zumba. I love boot camp. It is hard and challenging, but I really love it. You totally get a super workout. The jury is still out on zumba. It's a whole hell of a lot of shaking. No down time. You just keep moving. The worst part is that you do this looking into a wall of mirrors. Graceful and rhythmic I am not. They do turn the lights down, so that helps some.

I'm trying to run again. I bought myself some new One More Mile shirts to inspire me. One says "Slow is the new fast". Another says "Slow mileage is better than no mileage" and my personal favorite "I thought they said "rum"". My plan is to run a 5k in March and run/walk a half marathon in June. Wish me luck. I'm kinda old with bad knees.

What have you been up to this week? I need to go and make birthday breakfast for the hubby and get ready for his party and the Bears game. One game away from the Super Bowl!

Bear Down!

2 comments:

  1. I love the shirt logos!!! :) congrats again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the shirt logos also. We don't have mirrors when I do zumba, thank God!

    ReplyDelete