It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Saturday, January 1, 2011

A Better Me


There were fireworks all over town last night.



I'm planning on a few fireworks of my own this year.


More than anything, I want to be a better me. I want to be better in all aspects of my life. I want to be a better wife, a better mom, a better grammy. I want to be a better teacher. I want to be a better daughter and sister. I want to be a better friend.


I want to listen more and preach less. I want to give more and want less. I want to play more and stress less. I want to cuddle more and worry less. I want to remember that the best things in life aren't things.


One of my favorite quotes (I'm a nut for quotes) is "A goal without a plan is just a wish.".
I've been wishing that my body would be different for too long. I have made that wish a true goal for 2011. If you read my True Confessions last Tuesday, you know I have goals. Nobody but me can make this change. It is only a job that I can do. I've been talking about it and half heartedly doing it for too long now.


The better me that I want in those first two paragraphs will only happen if I accomplish the last paragraph. I want to be a "better me" and I am going to do it. 2011 is my year and I won't let myself down again.


I have so many friends through this social media that I have never met that have no idea what an inspiration they have been to me. I know they are mostly all younger than me, but this old dog still has a little bark left in her. I can keep up with them.


I can do this and I will do this. The "better me" is right there waiting to be let out and fly and 2011 is when I give her wings. Stand back friends. I'm taking flight.

5 comments:

  1. Good luck Nancy...I think you are starting the year off on the right foot. Now just keep putting one in front of the other!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bravo Nancy- here's to a better you in 2011!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You just need to re-read this post anytime you start feeling like you can. Because, in the words of another famous quote, "Whether you think you can, or you can't - you're right!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought I commented on this but it must not have went thru. I love the fireworks in your spirit.

    ReplyDelete