It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, December 29, 2010

The Power of One / The Beginning



There is a new challenge starting today at the Sisterhood and it has me really excited. I say that every challenge, but I really mean it this time. The Power of One is all about me and only me. It's about what I can do for me and only me. It's about learning to love me and care about me. It's about giving to myself and not every one around me first. At least that is what I think it's about or what I am going to make it about. Me baby, just me!


I am starting this challenge totally disgusted with myself. I have crept back into that decade that I swore I would never see again. Just barely, but I still did it. I weighed 200.4 today and it made me sick. I thought I kept things better in check this holiday, but I guess not. As they say, the scales don't lie.


I am supposed to state my healthy living goals for this challenge. They will be my healthy living goals forever, if I have anything to say about it. Here goes....


1. Never miss a Wednesday weigh in.

2. Keep my water intake at no less than 64 ounces a day, but shooting for more than that.

3. Keep all the unhealthy snack crap out of the house. If my family insists on having it, they can keep it in other places than the kitchen and not tell me where it is.

4. Exercise no less than 5 days a week. I have to walk every day! No excuses.

5. I need to be doing cardio 3 to 5 days a week. It can be EA Sports Active or Wii exercise discs, but it has to be cardio.

6. Do the tworkout every week.

7. Get back to logging my food. I don't do Weight Watchers anymore, but I can still log my food. I need the accountability of that.

8. Don't think of all this as a way to lose weight. Think of it as a way to get healthy and stay that way and hope that the weight comes off in the process.

9. Don't let all the outside influences in my life sidetrack me in my quest.


I've had a lot of problems with number 9 in the last month or so. I know I've been cryptic about it in my posts and that's how it has to be, but being home this last week or so has made a huge difference in my stress levels and I'm hoping it can stay that way.


I think I might take pictures tonight. I'll definitely measure. I don't think I'll be posting the pictures now. Maybe at the end of the challenge if there is a visible difference. I had enough stress with the "exposed" pictures for now.


That is the plan ladies. I am truly looking forward to this challenge. Maybe I can be the next Mary and be the old girl who wins this. I'm going to give it my best shot. Catch me if you can because I have the "Power of One"!

9 comments:

  1. Nancy, I love you so much. You are already the *Mary* inmy book. You keep coming back and you refust to give up. Cut yourself a little slack (mentally) and then get your ass moving.....and throw out all the crap (I'm talking to myself too!).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your goals are spot on, Nancy, especially numbers 8 and 9. I KNOW you can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love you Nancy and your goals sound perfect. You will show this challenge who's boss-YOU!
    Now get rid of the crap in the cupboards and fire up that wi :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You have some great goals Nancy and I know you can do this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your goals...love them. You've got true determination. Its going to be a great challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You can do this. life can be really tough. my prayers for you that this stressful situation gets worked out.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great goals! You can do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete