It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Holiday Hoedown Finale



Where did this time go? How can it be the finale of this challenge when it seems like we have just begun. It's like time is just flying be lately and I'm just trying to hold on. I feel like I'm just flying be the seat of my pants lately.


I started this challenge at 199.6 pounds. I wasn't happy about that at all. I finish at 196.1 pounds. Unfortunately, that's what I weighed last week. I was hoping to post a loss for my team. You see, we've been in first place the last two weeks and I was hoping to finish there. We'll just have to see happens. Anyway, that means I post a loss of 3.5 pounds for the challenge.


The thing that I loved most about this challenge was being an honorary Hibner for six weeks. They are the best family ever and so much fun. I met Beth when I had her kids in preschool. I met her mom, Mary through them and her sister, Amy doing the March of Dimes walks. I met sister Sarah at Beth's baby shower. Everyone else I met via the internet during this challenge. They are a fun and supportive family and I loved being one of them for this challenge.


The thing that I loved least about this challenge was my attitude for the last few weeks. I've had some major stress going on and most of my loss has been from stress and not my actively working on losing the weight. I'm on my two week Christmas break from work and I plan to relax and regroup and get my head back on straight and get ready for the next challenge.


The Power of One sounds like just what I need right now. I need to get back to me. Thinking about me and working on being the better me. I need to remember that I can't control everything in my life and sometimes you just have to let go and let it all unfold and start from there.


It sounds like Christmas eve is going to be just me and the hubby. Weird! We will have the kids and grandkids over for our traditional Christmas breakfast. We'll eat and open presents and it will be wonderful. In the afternoon, we will all head over to my mom's house for the big family Christmas dinner. All 33 of us. Mom's house isn't that big, so when we start to open presents and the paper starts flying, it is something to see. The 26th is my oldest daughters birthday, so once again we will be eating and celebrating. Christy said that the average person gains 11 pounds during this season. That scares me. I'd hate to thinkof starting the next challenge over 200 pounds.


So I'm promenading off into the sunset of this challenge a little lighter, but a little stressed. I'm hoping the next two weeks will change all that and I'll be ready to focus on the Power of One and that One is me!

6 comments:

  1. You did great posting a loss at this time of year! So proud of you Nancy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. a loss for this challenge at all is a big win! :) and the people who gain that much each holiday aren't nearly as mindful and disciplined as you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did great! You lost during the challenge and that is what it is all about! Have a great Cristmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's great that you posted a loss over these last few weeks. Not an easy feat!

    Rule #1 about Christmas, no matter what you eat: HAVE FUN!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on your loss and all your hard work! Enjoy your holidays - it sounds lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think that's an awesome loss, especially with the holidays approaching.

    ReplyDelete