It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Shrinkvivor Final Weigh In

I'm not nearly as excited for the final post of this challenge as I was for the final post of the last challenge. I was vying for the win in the last challenge. No chance of that in this one. Funny thing is, I'm okay with that. Here are the stats.

I lost 1.2 pounds this week. I think that is pretty good being I had a gain last week. I'm happy with a loss.

I tried Billy Blanks Tao Bo (sp?) this week. It was kind of a retry, but I hadn't tried it in many years. I'm not a go to the gym girl. I refuse to pay anyone money for me to lose weight. I joined Weight Watchers this summer and that was a huge stretch for me. I found out that Tao Bo is really hard. It takes a lot of stamina. But, I also learned that it could be a really good workout, if you let it.

I was really good with my water. I kept up with my fruits and vegetables. I kept reading labels. I kind of journaled my eating. I can't remember all the other things we've done.

I started this challenge at 198.8 pounds. I finish at 195 pounds. That is a loss of 3.8 pounds. A loss is good, but I'm still .2 pounds off what I finished the last challenge at.

I am very excited to have started the C25K program. I really want to be able to run an entire 5k with no injury. I think this would be a real kick in the pants for me. My daughter has even agreed to do it with me. We are doing a 5k on Saturday and using my new Gymboss to run part of it in intervals.

Here is my plan for the next challenge. Whatever the challenge is, I am going to kick it's ass. I want to be my friend Mary for it. She is in the Final 7 for this challenge and she is a rock star. I want her to win so badly. She has worked so hard and deserves it so much. If you haven't voted today, please go and vote for her. I will track my Weight Watcher points every day no matter what. I have to get beyond this working and not having time thing. I will do some form of exercise every day. I will continue to do the C25K program. I will keep drinking my water and taking my vitamins.

I want to be the best me I can be. I think my girls on Twitter are a huge help. Last night they made me think that I can do anything I put my mind to. Guess what? I really can if I just want to enough and I do want to. I want to ring in my 56th year with a healthy attitude and smaller body. I have a little more than one month to do it and I promise you I will.

Lastly, why can't Fitbloggin be in June? I want to go and meet my fellow sisters so badly, but there is no way in hell that I can go in May. I would miss preschool olympics and my firstborn grandchild's birthday. I could lose my job and grandma status over missing those. One of these days I am going to meet some of these girls who have come to mean so much to me. I think you know who you are. I love you all so much!!

4 comments:

  1. Nancy, you are an amazing woman!! It is sooooo hard to lose weight while working full time and you are doing it...yes, it is slow going, but you are still doing it!! Keep up the great work and you will be that hawt grandma that everyone wants to know!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you know I'm proud of you girl. You are still keeping it under 200 and that's great. YOu are not giving up on yourself and that's so important.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You must want to meet me, right?!!!! If you really feel that strongly about Fitbloggin, why don't you talk to your family and see what they think about you attending? If they seem aghast about you going during that time, then you know it's just not the right time. If they are OK with it, then you know that as well. I love you, Nancy and I am so proud of how far you have come! Rock on Sister!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are doing amazing Nancy...down for the challenge is a great way to end it!

    Sorry I haven't been commenting much, but I have been watching the Shrinkvivors push forward. I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete