It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, November 24, 2010

Holiday Hoedown Weigh In Week 1

It's the first weigh in for the Holiday Hoedown challenge. I'm down .6 pounds. I was hoping for more (of course) but I'll take it. I had 230 minutes of exercise. I figured out my plan for the challenge and one of those things was being good about logging my food on the Weight Watchers website. I was a little surprised that I didn't lose more because I was pretty faithful to that. Oh well, there is always next week. As long as that number is going down, I'm not going to fret.
One of the things I did this past week was meet Ali Vincent. She was the first female winner of the Biggest Loser in season 4. I could write a post a mile long about this night. She inspired me beyond anything I ever dreamed of. She was funny and truthful, but most of all she was real. You knew she wasn't telling you what you wanted to hear. She told her whole story and how it is still a struggle for her sometimes. I loved the night. She gave me new faith and hope that this is all going to work out for me in the end. I just have to believe it will and put in the work to make it happen.


I got a new to me/used recumbent exercise bike this week. I finally got my hubby to bring it in last night. I'm excited about it because I really love to bike and have been without a bike for some time now.
I did 36 wide stance girlie push ups last night during the tworkout. I was so proud of me. It was hard and my arms were shaking and my shoulders hurt, but I did it. It felt good. I've been doing push ups against the wall at school while I wait for kids in the bathroom. I did 58 yesterday and thought that was good, but last night felt better. They were real floor push ups and I pushed for every last one of them.

Speaking of kids at school, I better scoot. It's time for school and it's stone soup day. I love that story and the kids get a big kick out of making the soup. If I don't get back here to say it...
Happy Thanksgiving to you all. I'm thankful this year for all of you because you inspire and push me every day to this healthier life I'm seeking. Love you all.

3 comments:

  1. You had a wonderful week, congrats on your loss and your minutes! Happy Thanksgiving to you as well. I hope you have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Ali! That's the only season I've ever seen, the only one I've ever caught from over here. Congrats on the loss, and have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so thankful for you, too, Nancy! Sometime over break we will definitely need to get together and do some damage at Lighthouse Place.

    That is so cool that you got to meet Ali. You both look amazing in the picture.

    Have a wonderful holiday!

    ReplyDelete