It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Shrinkvivor Weigh In #4

Can you believe that it is weigh in #4? Time is going too fast. How can it already be October?

I'll start with the not so great news. I maintained this week. I had hoped to not do that this challenge. The stakes are too high, but maintaining is better than gaining. It could have been a gain, so I'll take it.






Now comes the amazing part of this post. Checkout these treadmill screens. I know that for many of you, these are nothing. I'm sure it is very slow for you, but for me, they are amazing. I have never been able to break a 15 minute mile before. I set my sights on doing that this week for the mile challenge and I did it. 14:04!!! I got as high as a 6 on the treadmill. I had never gone past a 4 before. I finished on 4 this time. There was a point where I didn't know if I was going to pee my pants or fall off like they do on Biggest Loser. But guess what? I didn't do either. I finished happy and sweaty.

The next challenge was the five servings of fruit and veggies. I rocked this one. I'm pretty good about it normally, but I made sure I got at least five servings this week. I found a great snack at Costco this week. It is dried apples, cherries and cranberries. Yummy.
I kept up on previous challenges of water and fast food. Still no fast food and no less than 64 ounces of water a day. I've finally gotten to the point where my body is used to the water and I'm spending less time in the bathroom. I'm not sure if that is good or bad. Could that have anything to do with my maintaining this week?
I was sad last week when we lost half of our tribe at weigh in. I felt terrible when we found out that one of the girls didn't weigh in on purpose because she felt like she was dragging us down. We have never heard from the other two girls at all. Our remaining three promised to make Georgia proud. I don't think I did that with my weight, but hopefully she'll be proud of my mile.
So now I wait. Wait till tomorrow and see where the chips fall. Whatever happens, I will remain proud of that mile. I never thought I could do it.

16 comments:

  1. Congrats on a new personal best! That's awesome. don't stop pushing. You're gonna rock this challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go on the mile! What a great job shaving a minute off your time is unbelievable! Now you know you can push it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so proud of you Nancy! Shaving a minute off your mile pace is awesome. Isn't it great knowing what our bodies are capable of when we don't let our heads tell us we can't!

    You rocked this challenge-even if the scale didn't show a loss. You did your team proud!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How awesome are you!!! You really rocked the mile and I know that it will only get better from here on! That's what I tell myself!

    http://justthe6ofus.net/wordpress/?p=7051

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nancy, you are doing awesome, even if the scale doesn't show it. To make it to 6mph is AMAZING!! Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your heart is loving you! You, my friend are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good job, Nancy. I love what you did on the treadmill. That is such an awesome accomplishment! I guess in any weight loss effort we're going to have some maintaining weeks. Maybe your body is getting ready for a big drop next week AND I definitely think retaining more water has a lot to do with your weight.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Way to go on the challenges this week. I had the same feelings when I was running on the treadmill this week. The Biggest Loser kept popping into my head.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Go Nancy!! Of course Georgia is proud of you, and so am I!!

    Sylv

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow Nancy! Way to go!!! I love that you broke a 15 min. mile! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so so so so so so proud of you Nancy! WOW!!!! What an amazing feat for you to be so swift on your feet! Really, I knew all along you'd kick this challenge in the ass, and you did. You can do anything!!!

    On the maintaining, don't sweat it. We all have those weeks (heck I had a gain this week). The most important thing is that you keep moving ahead and don't lose your hope! You can do this!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. great job nancy! such a fantastic accomplishment getting your mile time down a minute! and a maintain is always better than a gain. here's to a loss next week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great job on breaking your record!

    Here's my post:
    http://www.thismomsdelight.com/2010/10/shrinkvivor-challenge-weigh-in-4/

    ReplyDelete
  14. You did awesome, Nancy!! You really are an amazing woman! You pushed beyond what you thought you could do and rocked it!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hooray for under 15!! Awesome!

    That makes ME sad that someone didn't weigh-in on purpose. :(

    ReplyDelete