It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Shrinkvivor Week #5

We'll start with the not so great news. For the second week in a row, I have maintained. I'm still 196.4. I know it's better than gaining, but what the hell? I thought I was eating right, but I'm not positive because that food journaling challenge didn't go too well. In order to log my food, I've decided I need to quit my job. I have sucked at it since the end of August when I went back to work. I did great all summer while I was home. Seeing how quiting my job isn't in the cards right now, I'm going to have to figure this out.

I did well with the mileage challenge. I had 26.2 miles. I know for some people that isn't great, but for me, it is. Once again, that job gets in the way. I did more than usual this week because of the challenge, but other things got left by the wayside. Once again, I need to figure this all out.

Speaking of work, I have to get there. Hope you all did well and I'm pretty sure I'll be joining the island folk this week. I certainly deserve to. it's okay though. I love Jimmy Buffett. Maybe he plays some sets over there.

9 comments:

  1. YOU DID A MARATHON THIS WEEK!!!! OK, I'll stop yelling now, but did you see your mileage number? 26.2 miles is a MARATHON! You are all kinds of awesome.

    As for the scale-don't worry about it. Plateaus are very normal and I think it helps your body adjust. You will see a loss soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy cow, you rocked the miles...26?!?! WTG!!!!

    http://justthe6ofus.net/wordpress/?p=7087

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree the miles were awesome. The scale will move for you eventually.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You totally rocked those miles!!! 26.2?! You go girl!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You and me, Nancy. We rocked the miles but our bodies didn't listen. What the heck? One thing I am telling myself is this. By getting fit while losing, no matter how slowly, our bodies will be in better positions to maintain when we reach our goals. Without this hard work, our weights could shoot right back up. I know our hard work will pay off in the long run with lean, calorie burning muscles replacing the fat!

    ReplyDelete
  6. DAMN NANCY!!! You kicked ass on the miles! Totally a freaking MARATHON!!!!!! Honestly, I don't know if I've ever logged that many miles in 6 days, woman. And I don't work!!!

    I'm so proud of you.

    My thought on your two weeks of not losing is maybe you aren't eating enough? Yes, that can affect your loss by slowing your metabolism down. Start journaling, even if you just have to write it on sticky notes all over the place!

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be thrilled to do that many miles girl. Don't beat yourself, love yourself. It's only a number! And maintaining is better than gaining. You STILL rock!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nancy, you are a ROCK STAR!! working full time job and walking a marathon in one week is awesome!! Don't worry about that maintenance thing....You will soon start LOSING and the pounds will just FALL OFF!! Journaling really did help me this week!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Nancy! You walked a marathon!! GREAT JOB!!

    What about work makes it hard to journal?

    ReplyDelete