It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Monday, September 13, 2010

Jump Start

The Monthly Project at the Sisterhood this month is Free Yourself! Once and For All! The first assignment is the following....

This week PICK ONE thing that you really really really despise about yourself, something that you do that thwarts your weight-loss efforts, something that prevents you from making time, someone in your life that’s always negative, some inner monologue that always rears its ugly head and fills you up with doubt, JUST PICK ONE THING! And then exchange it for something better.

My first problem came with Christie's pick for herself. She picked exactly what I would have picked. I have spent the last four hours trying to think of another thing, but I keep going back to my original thought. Then it hit me...I can do it. Christie isn't the only person with this problem. So here it is....

Christie called it her constant feeling of obligation, but I call it my inability to say no. I bet you that at least half of our sisters here have the same problem. Why is that I will put everyone else's needs and desires above my own? It happens every single day of my life. Some days it's in little ways and other days it is in huge ways, but it is always there at some point of every day.

Tackling this is going to be tough and I'm not exactly sure how I am going to go about it. I'm probably really crazy to tackle this the same week we start a new challenge, but maybe this is the perfect time. I'm going to be needing some real "me" time for this challenge. Not exercising is definitely not going to be an option. That has to happen at some point in every day. I have to learn to say no, at least some of the time.

I'm not sure at what point we report back and say how we are doing, but until we do, I have a new mantra...."Oh sorry, I can't do that for you right now". Do you think I can do it? I'm going to give it my best shot. I've been a pleaser for so long, it is going to be really hard. If I can do it, it will be so freeing. I will feel better, inside and out. So much less stress.

Crossing my fingers and here goes...........

3 comments:

  1. I'm a people pleaser too. A doormat. A yes man. I can't say no. And I hate that about myself. Slowly, ever so slowly, I'm learning to try harder, but it's hard! I admire you for taking on something so tough, but I know with a little work you can do it, Ann!!!!

    JUST SAY NO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. p.s. That was me, Christy!! I'm logged into the SJ Google account apparently :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, hooray! That's probably how I should have phrased it, to be honest. I am a yes girl! But it's ok to say no sometimes and I'm learning that. For now, I'm going to try harder to enjoy the ride. LOL Good luck Nancy, I know you can do it!

    ReplyDelete