It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, September 29, 2010

Shrinkvivor Weigh In #3

I'm not going to make big excuses for my pitiful weight loss. It was an awful week of stress and emotions, but I could have done better. I can't use that as an excuse. I lost .6 pounds. I guess any loss is a good loss though.


I kicked ass on the fast food challenge. Not one morsel of fast food. I have to confess though that I gave up fast food about a year ago, so this wasn't really hard to do. It's funny though that when people at work had fast food for lunch, it smelled good to me. That hasn't happened in a long time.


The exercise challenge was good too. I had 426 minutes. Every day I did 20 minutes of the Shred or Biggest Loser wii game and 50 minutes on the treadmill or outside. I got the extra six minutes last night doing the tworkout. I got a call that I had to take from a good friend who's husband had a heart attack on Sunday. By the time I got off the phone, everyone else was on the last exercise. At 9:00 at night, I lost my motivation. At least I got the first six minutes.
I've been real good about keeping up with my water intake. I never have less than 64 ounces and most days I have more.


My husband is leaving Sunday on a week long fishing trip. This should help my game next week. I can eat so much better when he's not around. My daughter and I won't have red meat at all next week. We'll have a lot more fruit and veggies. My daughter is very supportive of my efforts here.


That's my story for this week. How did you all do?

6 comments:

  1. Hey, Nancy, I know I'm not one to talk but don't scoff at .6 lb. At my first Weight Watchers meeting two weeks ago, the theme was .2 .4 .6 .8 - why don't we appreciate. And the leader went on to discuss what a huge difference losing .4 every week would make over a year's time. So there you go. And I still say the slower it goes the more likely it is to stay gone. Next week I'll bet we will see your BIG changes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A loss is a loss. Keep plugging away. You're doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nancy, I'm proud of you for having a loss!!! Stress is a killer, but you didn't let it beat you :)

    It's funny how much easier it is when the hubby's not around :) I wouldn't be anywhere near where I am if my husband was home during the week. True!!

    You're AWESOME!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You did great, Nancy! Stress and weightloss just don't get along, but you MADE it happen!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great loss! This week will be even better! ~Heather

    www.runnin-mama2-4.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. At least the number is going down and not up. Still happy for you girl. You got it going on!

    ReplyDelete