It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Friday, July 23, 2010

Who Knew!

Anyone who knows me in real life probably knows that I am not a water girl. I love my hot tub and my bathtub, but that is as far as my love of water goes. We have a pool in our yard that I can probably count on my ten fingers the number of times I have been in and we've had it for about eight years. I can't swim. Get the picture?


Today, it is so hot here. 90's and a bazillion percent humidity. You know the kind when it hurts to take a deep breath. I was cleaning house and I was dying. Remember the last post about no central air? I was texting back and forth with my daughter at work. She said why didn't I just break down and get in the pool. No one but me was home, so there was no threat of anyone seeing me in my bathing suit. I said no several times. Then I got to thinking. Maybe it would cool me off. So, I got in.


I floated for about five minutes and decided it was stupid. I was hotter baking in the sun than I was in the house. I jumped off the raft and I kinda bounced in the water. It got me thinking and I tried jogging. I jogged for 20 minutes and I loved it. It is nothing like jogging on pavement. Then I tried ab work. I liked that too. I tried squats and side kicks. Excellent. I tried jumping jacks and scissor kicks. Loved it.


Guess what? I am planning on doing that every day. I don't care who sees me in my bathing suit. They can watch me shrink right before their eyes. Weight Watchers, water aerobics, shredding, more workouts and a new challenge starting. I am so stoked right now. I really feel like this is all finally coming together. I might just be getting the courage to post before and after pictures on here.

8 comments:

  1. that's awesome nancy!! :) nothing like finding exercise you like to keep you motivated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go, Nancy! I can't wait to see you shrink before our eyes :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE IT!!! Aqua jogging is SOOOOOOOOO good for you, as is all water aerobics. What a great way to beat the heat, get fit, and have fun. You're awesome, Nancy!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool that you pretty much just stumbled into something you like! And you should be using that pool, woman! Lucky you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. That is fabulous! So happy for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What an awesome post. I know it sounds stupid but it gave me chills. I loved picturing you really getting into enjoying your pool and discovering a whole new world of activity points!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You crack me up! I would give ANYTHING to have my pool back. I enjoyed it so much. I will come and jog with you any time, just let me know. I LOVE water. I love your excitement at getting fit. You are an inspiration and probably look great in a bathing suit...

    ReplyDelete