It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Weigh In

I know this is the end of the Shrinking days of Summer, but I don't have a final tally. There were weeks I missed weigh in, so I don't know what my total loss is. I'm looking forward to the new challenge now. With starting Weight Watchers, I know I can do good with that challenge.

Now, on to this weigh in.......

I learned something this week. People have told me that you have to eat to lose weight. People have told me that you have to eat all your points to lose weight. If you had a chance to read my True Confessions yesterday, you know that I've been having a really hard time eating this week. It has just been too hot! Because I haven't been using all my points, I don't have a great weigh in.


Today I weigh 201.4. That is a whopping loss of .4 pounds. That's not even a half pound.


So what have we learned this week? I have to eat! No matter how hot it is, I have to eat. I may have to be a little nauseous, but I have to eat. I'm hoping for a much better weigh in next week.


One last thing...if you want to try something yummy, try the Dark Chocolate Almond Kellogg's Fiber Plus bar. It's only 2 points and so good. See, I'm eating. I had one one while I typed this.


That's my new start on next week.

9 comments:

  1. That Kellogg's bar sounds good. I actually like their chocolate pretzel bar. Yum! Anyhow, I am with you - we have to eat. Just do mini-meals during the day so that you don't feel bloated. Eating in the summer can be difficult (I only like to eat watermelon but clearly I need more than that) but we can do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I distinctly remember being "too hot to eat" occasionally when I was younger, but I've noticed I don't have that problem anymore! (I'm sure it's because our summers here on the Canadian prairies aren't as long and hot as they were in my youth though. It COULDN'T POSSIBLY be that I've gotten good at eating in ANY circumstance!!)

    My problem is more that I don't necessarily eat a lot, but what I do eat is fat- and carb-laden. I REALLY need to start getting at least CLOSE to my daily recommended intake of fruits and veggies instead.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your blog description hits the target!

    I love the Kellogg's bars, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eating is important, and like Renee said, you should try to do mini-meals through out the day. It also helps to plan, so you know what you have to do and when you need to do it!

    A good way to get in points if you're struggling is to drink milk. Your body needs it, and a cup of skim is 2 points. If you have 3 servings a day, that's 6 points down the drain :)

    Have a great week, Nancy!!!! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I lost .4 also this week, so we are going to take that almost 1/2 pound and be happy about it. OK? You learned something this week that all of us who've ever done weight watchers (or any other weight-loss plan for that matter) have had to learn the hard way. Food is fuel. Without it, your engine won't run. If you don't eat enough, you won't lose weight.

    Have a great week this week! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A loss is a loss so I aplaud you for that. My favorite breakfast when I was on W.W. was a 1 egg omelette on w.w. english muffin with slice of cheese and 2 strips of turkey bacon. It seems like when I started my day out with a good breakfast the rest of the day was a breeze. You are getting me motivated again to get back on W.W. I will let you know when I start back.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I wish the heat would make me less hungry...it doesn't! But it sounds like you need to get some protein in. What about smoothies, yogurt, or cottage cheese? Or do cold foods: cold soups, cold chicken, cold pasta salad? I'm sure you'll do better next week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. You lost this week! It shouldn't matter how much! You are headed in the direction you want to be going. BE PROUD! Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, .4 of a pound isn't so bad. At least you still have your focus (I've lost mine). So just keep up the good work and enjoy WW!

    ReplyDelete