It's time to stop messing around and get serious about losing the weight. The time is now
and I am the person who has to do the work.

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

It's About Time!

It's me ladies, Bacardi Mama.
I've decided that I need a blog specifically for my weight loss goals and trials.
One that my family doesn't know about and I can say anything I want and not worry who is going to be mad or appalled about it.

I have been on this journey of mine for some time now. I keep trying and trying and I have some forward progress and then I have setbacks. I'm sure everyone does. But, I am tired of this. Really, really tired of it. So, I finally did something that is quite radical for me. I'm spending money to lose weight. I joined Weight Watchers and I love it!!
I started on July 5th and so far, it is going really well. In my first weigh in last Wednesday, I had lost .8 pounds in two days. I was really encouraged by that. I made sure to keep my weigh in on Wednesday with all of you. I'm excited for tomorrow. I think it is going to be really good. I hope I'm not setting myself up for disappointment though. I'm not, right?
We were gone over the weekend for a wedding and I think I still did good. I was pleased to find out that I don't have to totally give up my friend, Mr. Bacardi. If I have him in diet coke, it's only one point. I think the only bad thing I ate over the whole weekend was the Combos we ate in the car going down to Indy. I never even wanted the wedding cake.
I was having trouble the first few days eating all my points. I felt like I was eating more than I was before. Christy (I love her) said I had to eat all my points. So, I've made a point of doing that now. Some days it is really hard, but I do it. I ordered the Point Tracker and it came while we were gone. I had a ball yesterday shopping with it. It took a long time, but I came home with nothing I couldn't eat. I realize that there is nothing I can't eat. I just try to make the best choices now.
So, here comes the real confession part of this new blog and first post. My real weight. Nobody knows this but me. I'm hoping that this is going to be freeing and not disgustingly embarrassing. I've told you all before about how I totally quit smoking and haven't had any stress smokes for seven months now. I am really proud of that. What I'm not proud of is how I let the new yummy taste of food get the best of me. When you smoke, it dulls your taste buds. Wow, does food taste great when they work like they are supposed to. Drum roll please.....on July 5th I weighed in at 205 pounds. On Wednesday July 7th, I weighed in at 204.2. That gives me the great hope that this is going to work for me. I have never weighed this much. Not even when I delivered my twins.
I am working out faithfully. I walk five mornings a week with a good firend. I've only walked once with my friend Mary, but I'm hoping we can make that a weekly thing before I have to go back to work. I started Heather's More Workouts challenge. I do something every day that is fitness releated. It might be Jillian's Shred or the Biggest Loser Wii game or the kettlebell workout. I do something.
If anyone has any Weight Watchers tips for me, please send them along. I really want to do well at this. I hate to waste money and I really need to get back in shape. Big time good shape!
That's it for now. I'll be back tomorrow with what I hope is fantastic news for my weigh in. Wish me luck!!

7 comments:

  1. I'm so excited about your new blog, Nancy!!! YAY!

    And way to go on taking control. You can do this, and I know you will succeed! I'm thinking of starting up the 30-day shred challenge. I don't know if I'll do it everyday, but I plan to do it on days when I'm not running, which are a lot more lately!!

    Kick ass on Weight Watchers, girl! It's a great program and you will ROCK IT!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm so glad you made a blog just for you! You are going to do great and I'm excited to see you shrink before our eyes. I lost 50 lbs on WW. That sh*t really does work :)

    I also agree with Christy. You DEFINITELY have to eat all your points. I've made the mistake of not eating enough (totally weird concept, but there you have it) and it completely backfires. The one thing with WW for me was counting points got very tedious. I now track food on an app and online and that is working better for me. I know WW has an iPhone and maybe even a BB app if you use either of those little wonders of technology.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i can't speak from a points stand point, but i wasn't eating enough calories at first and it wasn't until i had a sit down with April about it that I really started to lose weight. weird, but like the other ladies said I promise it works. as long as you add in healthy calories/points.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your new weight blog. I use to be a Weight Watcher. I did great on the program and lost 50 lbs. It is the best weight loss program out there. I am proud of you and your dedication. I know I need to do something cause I've been in a rut way too long. Looking forward to following your success story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I had to comment again and say "there is no way you look what you weigh" you carry it very well!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great new blog girlie!! YOU will RoCK WW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Good for you, Nancy. I love your new blog and your new very honest and forthright outlook. I know you'll do well on Weight Watchers and be an inspiration to all of us.
    And yes, I think this blog will be very freeing and there's absolutely nothing that I can see to be embarrassed about. You look good but I know you want to look great and be as healthy as possible and this is the way to do it. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete